2. Use of the Blog at Your Own Risk: This blog site is published by and reflects the personal views of the Authors, in their individual capacities. It does not necessarily represent the views of their law firm(s), or any of its clients. This blog site is the Authors’ personal project, and it is not sponsored or endorsed by any law firm or client. This blog site is intended to disseminate legal news and the Authors’ personal views of various issues that arise in the context of Missouri and Kansas class actions law and related topics. No representation is made about the accuracy of the information, which solely constitutes the Authors’ personal view on these issues. The information contained in this blog site is provided only as general information and personal opinions, and blog topics may or may not be updated after being initially posted. Do not rely on older posts without checking the citations. The authors expressly disclaim all liability for any viruses or other contamination of your computer system or other device used to access this blog as a result of your use of this blog
3. No Attorney/Client Relationship: By using this blog site you understand and agree that no information is being provided in the context of any attorney-client relationship and that nothing is intended to constitute the Authors’ legal advice. This blog site is solely informational in nature, not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed and retained attorney in your state, and should not be so used. You should not rely upon the legal accuracy or validity of any of this information, as it constitutes the private opinions of the Authors only. To make informed legal decisions, you should always consult with your own lawyer for your personal legal needs.
4. Not Attorney Advertising: This blog site is not intended to be attorney advertising, but rather contains the constitutionally protected legal, political, and social views of the Author. Nothing in this site is intended as nor should be interpreted as an advertisement of any sort that is not authorized by the laws and regulations of the state or country where you are located. Portions of this material may be considered attorney advertising in the jurisdictions in which the respective author practices, Missouri, Kansas, and Florida. To the extent they are, note that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Results depend on a variety of factors unique to each representation, each matter, each case. The choice of a lawyer is an important one and should not be based solely on advertising.
6. Securities: This website and the information contained or referred to herein do not constitute an offer or a solicitation of an offer for the purchase or sale of any securities.
7. Links to Other Blogs, Websites, and Materials: From time to time the Authors may provide certain links or references to other sites that may be useful or of interest to you. The Authors neither controls, endorses, nor promotes any other site unless expressly stated herein or on such site. The Authors therefore have no responsibility for the content, accuracy or any other aspect of the information contained on such linked sites. You agree that the Authors will not be liable for any damages or injury arising from your access to such sites or content.
8. Applicable Laws and Venue: The authors operate the blog from their offices in Missouri, and make no representations that materials in the blog are appropriate or available for use in other locations. The display of the blog alone does not subject the authors or their law firm to any specific jurisdiction. Access to the blog from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the blog from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You may not use or export any of the blog materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the blog or to the blog materials shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action arising out of or related to the access, use, content, or existence of this blog shall be filed only in the appropriate state or federal court located within the State of Missouri. The access, viewing or use of this blog constitutes the user’s express permission and consent to the jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts of the State of Missouri for purposes of such actions.
8. No Warranties: THE AUTHORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE TIMELINESS, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS SITE. LIKE ANY PRINTED MATERIALS, THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS SITE MAY BECOME OUTDATED OVER TIME. THE AUTHORS UNDERTAKE NO OBLIGATION TO CORRECT OR UPDATE ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION ON THIS SITE. THE AUTHOR MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE CONTENT AND INFORMATION AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER OR DELETE CONTENT AND INFORMATION ON THE SITE AT ANY TIME. ALL INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY SORT WHATSOEVER, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
9. Limitation of Liability: NEITHER THE AUTHORS, THEIR FIRM, NOR ANYONE ELSE WILL BE LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE. NEITHER SHALL THE AUTHORS, THEIR FIRM, OR ANYONE ELSE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO, USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE CONTENT OR MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF THE AUTHORS ARE INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS WEBSITE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE.
10. Copyright Notification: Nothing on this website shall be construed as conferring any license under any intellectual property right, including any right in the nature of trademark or copyright, of the Authors or any third party, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise. All trademarks, logos and service marks are the property of their respective owners, and are protected in the United States and internationally. Your use or misuse of these trademarks or any other materials is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of the laws of copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, slander, libel, and communications.
11. Privacy, Confidentiality, and Rights of Reusage: The Authors are pleased to hear from any persons who access this website. Anything you disclose or offer by or through this website, however, including e-mails, shall be deemed and shall remain the property of the Authors. Anything disclosed or offered to the Authors is provided on a non-confidential basis with no obligation on our part to keep such information secret. Your providing information does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Authors. By uploading or otherwise providing any information to the Authors, whether through this website or otherwise, you hereby grant the Authors, to the extent you retain any rights, the unlimited, perpetual right to reuse, redistribute, modify and create derivative works for any purpose and in any media without compensation, and you warrant that all “moral rights” in uploaded materials have been waived.
Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. (SHB) respects the privacy of our clients and friends. Contact information provided through event registrations, newsletter signup requests and other Web forms is maintained in our database and may be used to advise you of firm news, events and services, as well as for internal statistical analysis. We will not provide this information to any other party for marketing or any other purposes as required by law. If you wish to correct your information or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit this Website, we may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the site, the domain name from which you accessed the site, the number of times you have visited the site, and information about the browser you are using. This information is used to evaluate and improve the SHB Website. Any data gathered by our Web servers will not be provided to any third party for marketing purposes.